Research & Publications
The Future of Banking and Finance in China - Konferenz an der FS with great success
Around 200 participants attended yesterday’s conference "The Future of Banking and Finance in China - Prospects and Challenges". The joint conference of CEIBS and Frankfurt School of Finance & Management achieved great success.
- From left to right: M. Wassmuth, Prof. Dr. H. A. Wagner, Dr. Lutz R. Raettig, Consul General Zhenshun Wen, Lord Mayor Dr. Dr. h.c. P. Roth, Dr. Y. Li, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. R. D. Cremer, Prof. Dr. U. Steffens, Prof. Dr. H. Löchel, Prof. C. Chang, Ph.D.
Research & Publications
The German Centre of Banking and Finance is conducting applied research particularly in the areas of financial sector development in China and the development of Shanghai into an international financial centre. The Centre is in charge of the EU-China Research Fellowship Programme which is part of the EU-China Business Management Training Project (BMT), a five year venture of China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai, China, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, IESE Business School of the University of Navarra, Barcelona, Spain, and the European Foundation of Management Development (EFMD), Brussels, Belgium.
The Research Fellowship Programme analyzes the transformation of China’s banking sector towards a European style universal banking system with elements of bancassurance. It is intended to integrate European experiences, particularly with regard to risk management and supervision.
The research and the case studies of the centre are continuously published.
The conference was part of EU-China Research Fellowship programme between FS and CEIBS.
The research and the case studies of the centre are continuously published. The latest publications are:
- Loechel, Horst and Helena Xiang Li, Understanding the high profitability of Chinese Banks, 2011
- Loechel, Horst and Matteo Sottocornola, Evolving Banking Business Models. The Case of Bank of China and Deutsche Bank, 2011
- Loechel, Horst and Philipp Boeing, The Present State of Shanghai as an International Finance Centre – A Comparison with London and Frankfurt, 2010
- Loechel, Horst, Natalie Packham and Helena Xiang Li, International Banking Regulation and Supervision after the Crisis. Implications for China, 2010
- Loechel, Horst and Helena Xiang Li, China’s Changing Business Model of Banking, 2009
- Loechel, Horst, Heike Brost and Helena Xiang Li, Benefits and Costs of Integrated Financial Services Provider – State-of-the-Art in Research, 2008