Practice shows that there may be significant gaps between school mathematics and the demands of the module. This is the starting point for the preparatory course in mathematics. In a compact form, elementary and some fundamental concepts and techniques of applied (business) mathematics and stochastics are provided, refreshed and practised.
The topics covered in the preparatory course include:
- Quantities and volume operations
- Numbers and basics of calculation: powers, roots and logarithms; amount, maximum and minimum
- Basic concepts of combinatorics; faculties and binomial coefficients
- Calculating with sigma signs and product signs; frequently used total formulas
- Term conversions; solving selected equations and inequalities
- Functions of a real variable
A basic understanding of the topics covered in the preparatory course is the basis for successful participation in the modules “Mathematics” and “Stochastics”.
Duration and date: 4 days (21. - 24.08.2017)
Language: German or English
Lead by: Dr. Andreas Görg
Costs: 395 €
The preparatory course in mathematics is open to all students who have an admission to the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Frankfurt School for the start of the 2016 study programme and have already concluded a study contract.
Registration is now possible. Available places are limited. *The fee is payable upon registration.
* We reserve the right not to hold the preparatory course in the event of low demand