Prof. Dr. Martin Hellmich is professor for Risk Management at Frankfurt School. After graduating in Mathematics and Business Mathematics and obtaining his Ph.D., from 1997 to 2002 Dr. Martin Hellmich worked first as a risk controller with Allianz Asset Management GmbH, then in fixed income portfolio management with Cominvest. During this period he was also responsible for advising insurance companies and pension funds in Germanspeaking countries with regard to credit products and asset liability management and solvency.
From 2002 to 2004 Dr. Hellmich worked for LBBW in the field of Trading & Sales, where he was responsible for the structuring and sale of credit spread products. In 2004 he moved from LBBW to Barclays Capital, ultimately advancing to a position on the European structuring team, where he was responsible for advising institutional clients in the fields of strategic employment of credit derivatives and “strategic asset allocation with special reference to Basel II“.
On September 1, 2007 Dr. Hellmich moved to join DekaBank as head of the Liquid Credits division. His core duties here included the optimization of the investment and risk management process for the bank‘s own credit portfolio, which he was also responsible for managing. From November 2009 to August 2011 Dr. Hellmich was Managing Director of Cantor Fitzgerald in London. In September 2011 he joined Mainfirst Bank, where he was responsible for fixed income business in Germany and Austria.
Brexit and its meaning for the European Union.
1. Are there any indications on how markets will develop?
2. What will happen to London as a financial centre?
3. Can Frankfurt benefit from Brexit?
4. What is the EU’s position in the upcoming negotiations?
5. Will there be a spillover into the real economy?
6. How will capital flows change?
7. Your opinion on the resignations after the votum?
8. What are the possible outcomes of Brexit?
9. How will the US react?
10. What happens if other EU countries will leave, too?
during the semester:
|Financial Markets||Bachelor||2017 SS|
|Dept Finance||Master||2017 SS|