Certified Expert in Microfinance
Are you familiar with tools and techniques for improving the operations of an MFI? Are you looking for chances to improve your skills and knowledge in the area of microfinance in a flexible study pace?
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management has designed an exclusive international e-learning programme tailored to Microfinance practitioners world-wide.
The 6-month certification course is adapted to part-time studies on side of a full-time work with flexibility to follow your own schedule. We deliver contents that help you to immediately improve your daily job performance as well as the performance of your institution.
- An interactive e-learning course including video lectures, PDF scripts for each unit, examples, practical exercises, self-assessment online tests and case studies.
- A discussion forum for course related issues as well as for exchange of opinions and experiences with your classmates, tutors or the FSDF e-Campus team.
- Personalized support from your FSDF e-Campus team.
- Possibility to achieve a Frankfurt School certificate after passing the final exam or a confirmation of course completion after completing the course.
- International network of institutions hosting our final exam all over the world (click here to see the list of partner institutions).
The target audiences for this e-learning course are MFI management and employees, bankers, central bankers, staff members of apex institutions and students (preferably with banking and finance background) who wish to gain insights into successful MFI management.
Proficiency in English both verbal and in writing are mandatory.
Unit 1: Microfinance – International Trends and Best Practice
Unit 2: Managing Micro Credits
Unit 3: Managing Micro Savings and Micro Insurance
Unit 4: Risk Management
Unit 5: Marketing and Sales
Unit 6: Financial and Social Performance Management
Unit 7: Management of Human Resources
Unit 8: Elective session. Choose between:
Unit 8a: Agricultural Lending
Unit 8b: Mobile Money & E-Banking
Unit 8c: Islamic Microfinance
Registration Date Fee Before Jan. 15, 2017 EUR 550 After Jan. 15, 2017 EUR 650
Final exam fee: 50 EUR (to be paid in cash to the institution hosting your exam)
10% discount for:
- Gropus: 5 or more participants working at the same institution
- International bank transfer
- Credit card
Please be aware that:
- All bank fees have to be covered by the participant
- Payment in instalments is not possible
- All travel related costs for taking the final exam have to be covered by the participants individually
I took the professional certificate in microfinance course in 2014-2015, and I found it a very interesting and complete course. Training materials and interim tests are good, understandable, and require an acceptable effort for a person who works. And possibility to reschedule are reasonable too. The course covers a wide range of aspects, and gives pretty practical information especially on what concerns performance and financial analysis of MFIs, and the whole loan assessment process. It definitely gave me competencies that I really needed, and immediately used, for my job
Marco Pasini, Padova, Italy, March 2015
International Certified Expert in Micro finance” programme offered by Frankfurt School of Finance & Management through their E-learning platform is superb. It has allowed me to expand my knowledge in the field of microfinance whilst at the same time pursuing full time employment. Equally outstanding is the Team, who are highly professional, interactive and always ready to assist. I strongly recommend anyone wishing to understand or expand their knowledge of microfinance to consider this programme."
Joseph ubonderi Head of Credit, Ithala Development Finance Corporation South Africa. Certified Expert in Microfinance since March 2012