Certified Expert in Microinsurance
Are you seeking to understand microinsurance? Would you like to know how this product proposition could benefit your clients or organization? The Certified Expert in Microinsurance provides you with an understanding of the target market, marketing strategies and distribution channels to be successful with this product proposition.
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management with the support of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is introducing a course aimed to provide insights on how microinsurance can benefit low-income populations and help organizations (e.g., banks, MFI, insurance companies and brokers) to tap into a new, high potential market segment.
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management has designed an exclusive international e-learning programme tailored to insurance, microfinance and bank practitioners world-wide and implements a first pilot jointly with the Ghana Insurance College (GIC) as partner in West Africa.
The 6-month certification course is designed to allow for part-time study with flexibility to follow your own schedule. We deliver content that helps you to immediately improve your daily job performance as well as the performance of your institution.
- An interactive e-learning course including video lectures, PDF scripts for each unit, examples, practical exercises, self-assessment online tests and case studies.
- A discussion forum for course related issues as well as for exchange of opinions and experiences with your classmates, tutors or the FSDF e-Campus Team.
- Personalized support from your FSDF e-Campus team.
- Possibility to achieve a Frankfurt School certificate after passing the final exam or a confirmation of course completion after completing the course.
- International network of institutions hosting our final exam all over the world (click here to see the list of partner institutions).
The target audiences for this e-learning course are MFI management and employees, insurance management and employees, bankers, central bankers, and students (preferably with insurance, banking and/or finance background) who wish to gain insights into successful microinsurance management.
Proficiency in English both verbal and in writing are mandatory.
Unit 1: Introduction to Insurance and Microinsurance
Unit 2: The Microinsurance Client
Unit 3: Microinsurance Products
Unit 3.1: Health Microinsurance
Unit 4: Actuarial Topics in Microinsurance
Unit 5: Marketing Communication and Financial Literacy
Unit 6: Sales and Distribution (Partnerships)
Unit 7: Client Relations Management and how to ensure client acces
Fee Before Jan. 15, 2017 EUR 1,100 After Jan. 15, 2017 EUR 1,300
Final exam fee: 50 EUR (To be paid in cash directly to the institution hosting your exam).
10% discount for:
- Groups: for 5 or more participants working for the same institution
- International bank transfer
- Credit card
Please be aware that:
- all bank fees have to be covered by the participant
- Payment in instalments is not possible
- All travel related costs for taking the final exam have to be covered by the participants individually
*Subject to change.
The contents were always interesting, clear and exhaustive, and the overall organization of the e-learning was excellent. A rich set of up-to-date references complemented the material and will allow me to further investigate certain topics. My expectations were fully met and I can definitely consider myself glad to have participated in this first edition.
Maria Livia De Rubeis, Italy, March 2016