Certified Expert in SME Finance
Excellence in SME Finance
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are important engines of growth, jobs and social cohesion. However, the creation, survival and growth of SMEs is often hampered by access to finance. Thus, access to SME finance has become a key priority in developing and transition countries. Since the early nineties, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is combining advisory work, training, and policy advice with applied research. Our goal is to support financial institutions in developing and transition countries establish good practices in Micro and SME finance.
This online course, which is based on Frankfurt School’s broad experience in practical project work and theoretical business school education programs, is tailored to the needs of mid-level managers and loan officers active or interested in SME Finance.
The 6-month certification course is designed to be a part-time training, offering you the flexibility to follow your own schedule and the ability to combine daily work with your professional development.
The high quality content of this course will help you to immediately improve your daily job performance as well as the performance of your institution.
In this course you will learn how to manage SME Finance as an independent product line/customer segment within a financial institution. While topics related to all management levels (from macro to micro, from strategic to operational) will be taught, a clear focus is on the credit risk assessment based on clients' individual analysis.
- Seven units including video lectures, a PDF script laying the theoretical foundation, examples, practical exercises, and self-assessment online tests.
- Case Study: Three of the seven units will include the elaboration of extensive assignments/case studies, focusing on client investigation and financial ratio analysis.
- A discussion forum for course related issues as well as for exchange of opinions and experiences with your classmates, tutors and the FSDF e-Campus Tram.
- Personalized support from your FSDF e-Campus team.
- The option to obtain a Frankfurt School Certificate after passing the final exam or a Confirmation of Course Completion after completing the course.
- A large network of final exam locations at partner institutions all over the world. Please click here for a list of available locations.
- Mid-management of financial institutions working with SME Finance
- Operational staff within financial institutions working with SME Finance
- Top management of financial institutions wanting to enter SME Finance
- Staff of regulators, policy makers, donors and other SME Finance related institutions
- Staff of SME associations
- Consultants, students and other individuals interested in SME Finance
Unit 1: Introduction to SME Finance
Unit 2: SME Credit Analysis - Collecting and Understanding Information
Unit 3: SME Credit Analysis - Verifying Information
Unit 4: SME Credit Analysis - Financial Analysis
Unit 5: SME Credit Analysis - Cash Flow Analysis
Unit 6: Loan portfolio management and monitoring
Unit 7: Supporting activities and strategy
Registration Date Fee Before Jan. 15, 2017 EUR 1,100 After Jan. 15, 2017 EUR 1,300
Final exam fee: 50 EUR (to be paid in cash to the institution hosting your final exam)
10% discounts for:
- Groups: for 5 or more participants working at the same institution
- International bank transfer
- Credit card
Please be aware that:
- All bank fees have to be covered by the participant
- Payment in instalments is not possible
- All travel related costs for taking the final exam have to be covered by the participants individually
*Subject to change.
To verify and strengthen my skills in financial analysis I decided to participate in the online SME Finance course at the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management. The quality of the course really fulfilled my needs. The mix of presentations, background materials, exercises, tests and assignments gave me a structured understanding of SME banking services and credit analysis. The team of the school was very supportive, personal and pro-active which motivated me to complete the program according to the planning
Annemarie van Mossel, Haarlem, The Netherlands, September 2015
"It has been really a very rewarding experience and true value addition to myself after undergoing through the SME Finance course and Microfinance course at Frankfurt School of Finance. I am enriched and enhanced my understandings pertaining to each every facets of SME & Microfinance. The quality and contents of the course materials are just outstanding. I am able to handle a very innovative program at our bank called Africa SME Program with a real professional touch. This professional satisfaction gives me immense pleasure and benefits many deserving SMEs in Africa."
Phd Soumendra Kumar Dash, Tunisia, African Development Bank, September 2014