The Commercial Bank of Ethiopia has selected IAS to design and implement a comprehensive HRD strategy in line with its vision and corporate strategy.
The project was implemented in two phases. During Phase 1, IAS developed the HRD Strategy and supporting systems for CBE together with the HRD Department. This included carrying out an assessment of the current situation of HRM&D sub-processes and the workflows within the bank. Based on the findings from the analysis comprehensive strategies were developed in order to improve the performance of the bank’s staff. The CBE has the vision to become a world-class bank until 2025 and therefore aims at bringing its HRD in line with international best practice in the area.
During Phase 2, the objective is to support the CBE in the implementation of the HRD Strategies designed, (i.e. including succession planning system, engagement and retention strategy, training system, performance management systems and institutional re-structuring of the HRD sub-process). CBE is the biggest bank in Ethiopia with more than 11,000 employees. The bank finances the project from own resources to establish HRD best practices and to strengthen its capacities to be able to keep track with technological change and growing competition in the fast growing financial sector.
The following Services are provided:
- Implementation of the HRD strategy aligned with the Bank’s vision and corporate strategy
- Development and Introduction of HRD Policies and Procedures
- Introduction of Succession Planning System for critical positions
- Implementation of an Engagement and Retention Strategy for CBE
- Implementation of a Performance Management System covering all professional levels
- Implementation of Training System for CBE
- Implementation of the revised CHRD organizational structure
- Development of a learning and knowledge management system
- Training of and knowledge Transfer to Counterpart Staff
- Carrying out a Feasibility Study for establishing regional training centers
- Implementation of needs assessment for improvement, expansion and