Prof. Dr. Jürgen Moormann, Version 2.2
Topics for Master Theses 2018:
• Dynamic capabilities in the financial services sector – where shall we look for appropriate processes? A qualitative study
• Do managers’ emotions influence the process design? An experimental study
• Psychological Distance towards Innovation: When are we willing to change things? An experimental study
• Process innovation: Development of a concept for measuring process innovation maturity
• Organizational Ambidexterity: Investigation of fintechs and banks
• How can firms develop digital innovation? (different research questions)
• Cooperation between banks and fintechs: What makes a good partner?
• How can we cluster and evaluate the different features of blockchain technology (for payments)?
• Can the adoption of blockchain be explained/compared with the adoption of similar technologies?
• How can blockchain technology help banks improve their payment infrastructure and services?
• What will be the consequences of instant payment for the business model of banks?
• The impact of PSD2 on the business model(s) of banks (and/or Payment service providers); Retail or Corporate Banking
• Improving the purchasing process with the use of mobile payment (possibility of cooperation with a company to be defined)
• Analysis of critical success factors of mobile payment systems – The distributors’ perspective
• The future of card-based payments (cooperation with Concardis)
• Analysis of the investment process of corporate venture capital firms – Development of a Framework to analyze potential investees
• Robotic Process Automation: Analysis of use cases in banks (or insurance companies)
• (cooperation with a corporate venture capital company)xx
• Chatbots – Development of a concept for supporting customer processes in the financial services context
• Digitization of banking processes in the context of process management, e.g. Process management in the context of agile project management methods: How do new and more flexible project management approaches like Scrum affect the functional design phase and especially the combined process design/reengineering?
• Design of a customer-process-centered IT artifact (e.g. smartphone app): Applying Design Science Research
• Literature-based comparison of approaches for process innovation
• Customer processes and life events: An empirical investigation (Development of a concept using Design Science Research)
• Digital Safes – Analysis of the potential of integration in customer and bank processes (in cooperation with iTyx)
• How to set up a Process Laboratory – Concept, Prototype, and Show Case (based on simulation software)
• In-depth literature review on process-based organizations
• Process Management and Compliance – Development of a concept for compliance-aware process management (Design Science Research)
• Further development of Lean Six Sigma (e.g., towards process innovation, towards customer centricity)
Business Model Research
• Business Model Innovation: Moving toward business as a service
• How can social media enterprises and financial service companies cooperate? (Method: Design Science)
• Development of a digitization maturity model for banks (including test/evaluation)
• Innovation at zero costs: how can banks improve their returns and their business models by learning from fintechs?
• Analysis of the impact of digital innovations (e.g., blockchain technology) on business models