Frankfurt School of Finance & Management (FS) is one of the leading business schools in Germany. An impressive portfolio of services – ranging from degree programmes to Executive Education, from research projects to consultancy – means that Frankfurt School acts as adviser, catalyst and educational partner to companies and organisations, to individuals embarking on new careers, and to experienced executives.
For ongoing projects in the SADC we are looking for an:
Agricultural Finance Expert (m/f/d)
The operations are expected to contribute to agriculture and food security. The credit facility with a partial portfolio guarantee to stimulate the provision of finance to agri-food sector SMES integration women and men smallholder farmers in commercial value chain is integrated in the wider European Union programme which aims to develop or establish agricultural value chains and create related income and employment opportunities.
- Key expert in supporting intermediated lending for agri-food sector financing;
- Identifying business opportunities in the agri-food sector for Financial Institutions;
- Building capacities (on-the-job coaching as well as delivering trainings); conducting workshops;
- Acting as an advisor and as trainer;
- Diagnose the needs of partnering Financial Institution;
- Engaging with clients; and interfacing with stakeholders;
- Responsible for coordinating technical assistance activities with the partnering Financial Institutions and Final Beneficiaries;
- Responsible for the development and delivery of all services, capacity building measures and deliverables.
- Master degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance Banking;
- In-depth knowledge of agri-business finance and relevant experience in MSME lending activities in agriculture and the agri-business sector as evidenced by minimum ten years recent professional experience;
- Experience in key expert position on donor financed TA operation projects in the past five years;
- Background in EFSD+, EIB or other DFI financing programmes, and knowledge of their KYC and AML procedures;
- Practical experience and proven track record in designing, organizing and delivering professional bank and microfinance training/coaching programmes;
- Practical experience in provision of successful capacity building activities to Financial Institutions and Final Beneficiaries;
- Strong regional experience (eastern and southern Africa) as demonstrated by at least five years of relevant international professional experience (based outside the country of origin including in Africa);
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, evidenced by senior management roles and consultant roles;
- Fluency in English;
- Open minded and taking initiatives;
- Computer literate;
- A working knowledge of local languages for the countries of the assignment (e.g. Chichewa, Bemba, Yao, etc.);
- Understanding of climate risk and experience in Environmental and Social risk management
The position is foreseen for a long-term (close to full-time) involvement of 1.5 years to be filled as soon as possible.