Job posting Senior Expert for “Strengthening of Agricultural Advisory Services”
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is the leading bank training and consultancy institute in Germany with a track record of 60 years of experience in all areas of banking and finance. Moreover, the school’s International Advisory Services has been contributing to advancing all the three pillars of sustainability (social, economic and environmental) for more than 25 years. Among our main clients are: AfDB, ADB EBRD, EIB, EU, IADB, GIZ, KfW, and World Bank as well as other private sector stakeholders.
Currently, we are looking for senior experts to support us in the following project in Azerbaijan.
Strengthening of agricultural advisory services in Azerbaijan
Period of project:
January 2019 – June 2021 (30 Months)
The project aims at enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of the agricultural advisory services system in Azerbaijan thereby enabling it to better respond to current and future challenges in the agriculture sector in a sustainable and collaborative manner. To this end, it will assist the Government of Azerbaijan and service providers in rural areas to better understand and adopt operational systems, processes and services that are more focused, targeted and relevant to increasing farm incomes while protecting and enhancing the natural environment - amongst others by developing and promoting a Code of Good Agricultural Practice.
The proposed Expert’s main responsibilities in “Strengthening of Agricultural Advisory Services” under Integrated Regional Development of Azerbaijan (IRDA) will include:
- Supporting preparing a TA concept for the Government of Azerbaijan and the service providers;
- Developing interim and final reports;
- Designing and delivering activities for improving farm incomes while protecting and enhancing the natural environment;
- Supporting Team Leader for preparation of detailed methodological approach;
- Technical and policy dialogue with government authorities, meetings with agricultural stakeholders;
- Reporting and revising, quality assurance of reports and project outputs etc.
- Relationship management with the project stakeholders including the Ministry of Agriculture and European Union Delegation.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience at senior level working in international agricultural projects;
- At least 5 years of experience in public and farm advisory services focusing on improving demand/market orientation of a public agricultural or farm advisory service or services system;
- Having worked as a senior consultant in EU-funded agricultural projects and in-depth knowledge in EuropeAid and EU funding mechanisms in agricultural and developmental projects are favoured;
- Proven experience in implementation of large scale capacity building programmes and management of a large expert pool;
- Proven track record in working with international donor organizations;
- Previous experience as an international expert in similar projects is a strong asset;
- Fluency in English is required, Russian is an asset.
If you are looking for new professional challenges that combine innovation with creativity and want to be part of a multicultural team of highly committed staff, please send your CV and cover letter to: Zuhal Urguplu Sanal, email@example.com