The Competition is free and without any purchase obligation. The Competition is open to everyone who have the necessary skills.
Employees of FS or ECB, their affiliates, and members of their families, as well as anyone who has directly or indirectly contributed to the conception, organization or realization of the Competition are ineligible to take part in the Competition.
Each registration in the Competition is individual, and only one registration per person is allowed during the entire duration of the Competition.
Every person wishing to participate can register online on the dedicated website.
Each candidate guarantees that the information entered during his/her application to the Competition is complete and accurate. Any false, incorrect or incomplete information will automatically result in the application being rejected.
The organiser reserves the right to reject an application at any time if the profile of the participant does not comply with the Competition standards.
FS and ECB will form teams of two (2) to five (5) participants. One participant cannot be a part of several Teams.
Participant waives all its claims regarding compensation against the organiser due to its participation to the Competition (in particular with regards to cost incurred for participation such as the transport, accommodation, etc.) with the exception of drinks and meals which will be supplied by the organiser during all the duration of the Competition.
Modification of the Competition
The organiser reserves the right to shorten, extend, modify or terminate the Competition, or a part of the Competition as a result of a force majeure event without incurring liability as a result thereof. In such case, the organiser will provide notice thereof to the Participants by any means (including email and/or publication on the website (by its choice), and, if the need arises, will communicate to them the new rules applicable or the new ending date of the Competition, as the case may be. Each Participant may notify by e-mail to the organiser that s/he refuse the new conditions of the rules, in which case s/he will be excluded from participating, which s/he expressly accepts. If no refusal is notified to the organiser within 72 hours, the new conditions of the rules will be deemed accepted by Participants.
In case of a modification to the rules, cancellation, interruption of the Competition, a reduction or an extension of its length, the organiser waives all liability and participants will not be entitled to any compensation.
The FS may cancel all or part of participations in the Competition if it appears that fraud has occurred in any form whatsoever, in particular computer fraud, during the Competition. The FSr reserves, in this case, the right not to award prizes to fraudsters, to disqualify the concerned solution project and/or to bring actions against the authors of these frauds. The FS shall not incur any responsibility towards the Participants because of the committed frauds.
Furthermore, the organiser cannot be liable in case of damage, whether material or immaterial, caused during the Competition and thereafter, to the Participants, to their computing equipment to the data and to the consequences which can ensue from it on their personal, professional or commercial activity.
Exploitation Rights and Intellectual Property
- Any participant irrevocably grant to the ECB the exclusive right to use for all documents, data, information, scripts, tools, presentations and other work results that he/she produces in performing the hackathon (‘Work results’), in each case as from the time when such rights are protected by law. The ECB’s right of use shall not be subject to any restriction in terms of time, place or application and it shall cover all forms of use known at the time of entering into this Contract.
- The right to use granted in above shall include, without being limited to, the rights to copy, distribute, process, modify, further develop and/or dispose of the Work results or create derivative works based on the work results. The granting of rights also refers to types of use unknown at the present time, whereby the participants mandatory rights provided for under the applicable law (e.g. with regard to withdrawal or to adequate remuneration), if any, shall remain unaffected.
- Only the ECB shall be entitled (but not obliged) to apply to register worldwide intellectual property rights for the Work results in its own name and shall become the owner of all such intellectual property right applications and all resulting intellectual property rights.
- The ECB may transfer the rights of use or may grant rights thereon (sub-licences) to third parties in whole or in part.
- Mandatory rights (in particular moral rights), if any, shall remain unaffected
The Participants may be filmed or photographed during the event. By joining the Competition, the Participants agree to the use and the distribution of their image by ECB and FS, including for promotional event occurring after the Competition. The production and distribution of films and photographs of the event will not lead to any compensation of the Participants.
Protection of Personal Data
The collection and processing of personal data relating to the participant by the organiser is primarily intended to ensure that the Competition will be properly completed and in particular to allow the organiser to contact the winner and to award them the prizes in an efficient way and, if the cases arises, to publish the list of the winners.