The history of artificial intelligence is replete with small advances mistaken at the time for big leaps forward, creating a mix of enthusiasm and unfulfilled promises that make it difficult to assess the true capabilities of current AI.
Enthusiasts are correct in claiming that recent advances in machine learning mark a new era in AI: For a range of problems, these systems now work well enough to be profitably deployed. Yet critics are likewise correct to point out that AI systems are still limited and require a considerable amount of engineering. While newspapers lead with the news that DeepMind’s Alpha Go learned how to become the best Go player in 40 days, less reported is that it took the DeepMind team over two years to design the algorithm.
What is unambiguously clear is that data is growing at an exponential rate and that what is needed are experts to understand its value, and process and visualise its implications so as to enable progress in different social and professional domains.
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management introduces the new programme Master in Applied Data Science starting September 2018
The MSc in Applied Data Science is a response to the demand from across different industries for business savvy data scientists with the collaborative skills to match. This 4-Semester programme, designed for students interested in applying computational data science to contemporary business problems, equips students with the technical skills, business domain knowledge, and critical judgment to navigate the modern data ecosystem.
Our students will gain hands-on experience in solving real-world data science problems from our prominent industry partners, which include Innoplexus, Commerzbank, PwC and others. Additionally, the students will have exclusive extended access to and participate in current projects run by these partners.
In a nutshell: The Frankfurt School of Finance & Management Master in Applied Data Science Programme provides the skills required to recognise and meet the data science wants of contemporary business, across-function and with an understanding of the connected ethical ramifications.
- Master in Applied Data Science
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Duration: 4 semesters
- Start: September 2018
- Language of Instruction: English
- Tuition Fee: 32.500€
- Admission Requirements:
- B.Sc. degree with a focus on mathematics, statistics, logic, or computation;
- Other (e.g. business) degree, supplemented by official results obtained via the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or the General Test of GRE (Graduate Record Examination). As the programme adopts a holistic approach in assessing its applicants, and the overall profile and motivation will be the key determinants, a GMAT score. Total Credits: 120
- Proof of English language Proficiency: Required for all applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received a university degree in an English-speaking country. The following certifications and bands are accepted/recommended: TOEFL, IELTS, CAE
- Scholarship opportunities: Women in STEM; Early Bird applicants; Promotional offers