Frankfurt School of Finance & Management (FS) is one of the leading business schools in Germany. An impressive portfolio of services – ranging from degree programmes to Executive Education, from research projects to consultancy – means that Frankfurt School acts as adviser, catalyst and educational partner to companies and organisations, to individuals embarking on new careers, and to experienced executives.
For ongoing projects in the Latin America and Caribbean region, we are looking for an:
Project Finance Specialist with Monitoring & Evaluation Expertise (m/f/d)
- Support the review of project finance pipelines
- Independent monitoring and evaluation projects under implementation, as well as technical input concerning project design with a special focus on blended finance
- Stakeholder management, e.g., liaison and advisory to development finance institutions and representatives of international organisations
- Design, plan and implement hands-on and tailored training interventions, as well as seminars and workshops
- Project monitoring visits onsite
- Master’s degree (or equivalent diploma) in economics, engineering, public finance management or banking.
- Min. 3 years of experience in the review of investment project proposals focussing on development finance, managing project implementation and monitoring against KPIs, logical framework and technical aspects of project implementation.
- At least 3 years banking experience with focus on, e.g., project finance, blending and other financial instruments, green and sustainable finance, impact investment, trust fund management and capital markets.
- Min. 3 years of working experience in international cooperation and development interventions implemented on multi-country, regional or bilateral level with at least one completed assignment for the European Commission and/or an International Finance Institution and/or a Development Finance Institution.
- Experience in creating and managing an environment in which data and evidence are systematically produced, analysed, interpreted to ensure high-level result reporting and quality reporting across project portfolio.
- Technically skilled and experienced in knowledge management and training initiatives (seminars, workshops, events), especially to improve quality of proposals and portfolio performance.
- Previous work experience in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Fluency in English and Spanish – both spoken and written.
- Clear and concise communicator experienced in writing and presenting, with ability to present complex data in a simple, compelling way.
- Willingness to short term travel inside the EU and to the Latin American and Caribbean region.
The tasks are to be performed home-based with irregular meetings in Europe and regular projects monitoring visits in the Latin American and Caribbean region. The position is foreseen for a duration of 2.5 years, to be filled as soon as possible.