Job posting Team Leader / Expert in Agricultural Products & Food Marketing
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management have been recently shortlisted for the EU funded project (Ref: EuropeAid/DH/SER/AZ/139563) “Improved Promotion and Marketing of Traditional Food Products” in Azerbaijan.
The overall objective of this project, of which this contract will be a part, is to support Government efforts in the diversification of the economy while promoting balanced and inclusive growth, decreasing regional disparities and improving rural livelihoods, specifically by contributing to business development, investment promotion and employment generation.
The purpose of the contact is to support the development of a better informed, more market-oriented and competitive small and medium sized farming agribusiness sector by increasing sales of traditionally produced agricultural and food products and which will contribute to the overall economic development of rural areas.
Results to be achieved by the Contractor:
The project has tree components:
Component 1: Supporting Development of Enabling Legislation
Result 1: More effective enabling legislation in place for facilitating increased trade in traditional food products.
Component 2: Capacity Building
Result 2: Capacities of relevant authorities and farmers associations are enhanced to better develop and promote national and regional brands and product identities for traditional food products.
Result 3: Capacities of relevant authorities and farmers associations are enhanced to better understand and develop quality assurance and product certification schemes for traditionally produced agriculture and food products.
Result 4: Farmer markets and marketing groups trading and commercial/value chain linkages effectively operating and increasing sales of traditional agriculture and food products.
Result 5: Value chain participations for traditional food products, in at least 3 pilot regions, better understanding of market opportunities and how to exploit them.
Component 3: Improved Consumer Awareness
Result 6: Consumers, including schoolchildren better understanding of domestic food production, nutrition and healthy eating.
For our operations, we are looking for a Team Leader / Expert in Agricultural Products & Food Marketing for minimum 440 recommended working days. The expert will also have lead responsibility for respective activities.
Qualification and skills:
- At least Master’s degree relevant to this tender or in its absence a bachelor’s degree relevant to this tender and 3 years above the required general professional experience.
- Excellent spoken and written English (at least level 2 on a scale of 1 “excellent” to 5 “basic”);
- Working knowledge of Azerbaijani, Russian or Turkish is an asset.
General professional experience:
- Previous management/team leader experience with minimum 350 work days of input in at least one project implemented in development/implementation of policies/concepts to enhance market access/opportunities for locally produced agricultural products and food stuffs in the past 8 years in a third (non-EU) country
- At least 2 assignments each with at least 100 WD input in agri-food sector development or agri-food promotion/marketing strategy which was accepted by the client in the past 8 years.
- An asset: Experience in design and/or introduction/promotion of brands of agri-food products in the past 8 years
If you are looking for new professional challenges that combine innovation with creativity and want to be part of a multicultural team of highly committed staff, please send your CV in the EU template (PRAG August 2018) of no more than five pages (CVs not meeting these criteria will not be taken into consideration). Please send your application to email@example.com with the reference 139563TL by 4.1.2019 latest.