Job posting Key Expert: Value Chain Linkages and Farmer Marketing Enterprise Groups
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management have been recently shortlisted for the EU funded project (Ref: EuropeAid/DH/SER/AZ/139563) “Improved Promotion and Marketing of Traditional Food Products” in Azerbaijan.
The overall objective of this project, of which this contract will be a part, is to support Government efforts in the diversification of the economy while promoting balanced and inclusive growth, decreasing regional disparities and improving rural livelihoods, specifically by contributing to business development, investment promotion and employment generation.
The purpose of the contact is to support the development of a better informed, more market-oriented and competitive small and medium sized farming agribusiness sector by increasing sales of traditionally produced agricultural and food products and which will contribute to the overall economic development of rural areas.
Results to be achieved by the Contractor:
The project has tree components:
Component 1: Supporting Development of Enabling Legislation
Result 1: More effective enabling legislation in place for facilitating increased trade in traditional food products.
Component 2: Capacity Building
Result 2: Capacities of relevant authorities and farmers associations are enhanced to better develop and promote national and regional brands and product identities for traditional food products.
Result 3: Capacities of relevant authorities and farmers associations are enhanced to better understand and develop quality assurance and product certification schemes for traditionally produced agriculture and food products.
Result 4: Farmer markets and marketing groups trading and commercial/value chain linkages effectively operating and increasing sales of traditional agriculture and food products.
Result 5: Value chain participations for traditional food products, in at least 3 pilot regions, better understanding of market opportunities and how to exploit them.
Component 3: Improved Consumer Awareness
Result 6: Consumers, including schoolchildren better understanding of domestic food production, nutrition and healthy eating.
For our operations, we are looking for a Key Expert 2 (KE2): Value Chain Linkages and Farmer Marketing Enterprise Groups for minimum 350 recommended working days:
Qualification and skills:
- At least Master’s degree relevant to this tender or in its absence a bachelor’s degree relevant to this tender and 3 years above the required general professional experience.
- Excellent spoken and written English (at least level 2 on a scale of 1 “excellent” to 5 “basic”);
- Working knowledge of Azerbaijani, Russian or Turkish is an asset.
General professional experience:
- Professional experience of at least 10 years (years of professional experience count from the degree identified as minimum requirement) working in agricultural and/or horticultural production of which at least 3 years in the EU.
- An asset: work experience as described above in former Soviet Union countries or IPA countries in the past 5 years.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 1000 work days of experience in value chain assessment and support involving the organisation/strengthening of producer groups in the past 10 years;
- Previous experience in design/or implementation of local food concepts and/or export schemes marketing produce of small and medium sized farms and/or food business operators in the last 8 years;
- An asset: Experience in implementing EU food quality policy (Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) and Protected Geographical Indication (PGI), Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (TSG), Organic Farming) and/or producer organisation policy.
If you are looking for new professional challenges that combine innovation with creativity and want to be part of a multicultural team of highly committed staff, please send your CV in the EU template (PRAG August 2018) of no more than five pages (CVs not meeting these criteria will not be taken into consideration). Please send your application to email@example.com with the reference 139563KE2 by January, 4th 2019 the latest.