Senior Local Expert based in Bandung, West Java
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management (Frankfurt School) is Germany’s leading private business school and advisory institute with over 60 years of experience in consulting, qualification and training services in all areas of banking, finance and management – in Germany and worldwide. Our mission is to advance national and international business practices through research, education, training and advisory services.
Our International Advisory Services (IAS) department is committed to improving financial markets and to increasing access to finance for low income population. On behalf of various agencies and development finance institutions (such as ADB, EU, EIB, EBRD, GIZ, IFC, KfW, World Bank), International Advisory Services carries out projects across the globe with the overall aim to strengthen the financial sector and thus contribute to improving access to finance for low-end population.
For a Frankfurt School project in Indonesia, we are looking for a Senior Local Expert based in Bandung, West Java. The Senior Local Expert will represent Frankfurt School and project interests on the ground.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following main areas:
a) Communication between Frankfurt School and project partners in Indonesia
- Serving as the first point of contact locally for our project partner in Indonesia and other local stakeholders
- Relationship management and constant follow-up of project plan
- Attending in-person meetings on behalf of Frankfurt School (if needed and feasible, adhering to health and safety protocol)
- Managing communication and information flows between all stakeholders, local project team and team members in Frankfurt School’s headquarters in Germany
b) Supporting the project roll-out
- Cooperating with international consultants assigned to the project
- Providing information, documentation, market knowledge
- Arranging e-meetings and follow-up on email communication personally
- Regular reporting to FS head quarter
c) Providing inputs and support as subject matter expert
- Providing hands-on support in rolling-out project activities as a local subject matter expert
- Providing training and handholding support in rolling out marketing activities, organizing financial literacy events and more
The candidate should have the following professional experience and skills:
- University degree (minimum level: Bachelor) in business administration, economics or other relevant fields
- At least 10 years of experience working as a consultant and project manager/ team leader in projects with local and international counterparts
- Full English language proficiency (including report writing skills), as well as Bahasa Indonesia
- Strong understanding of digital financial services and financial inclusion
- Good knowledge of the Indonesian financial sector
- Experience in working with public and development organizations and diverse stakeholders including ministries, public development banks, POS, OJK and others in the country
The assignment will be an engagement as external expert, (Project duration until Nov. 2021 with the possibility for extension), no permanent employment. We assume that 50% part-time or 20 hours per week will be sufficient. The Senior Local Expert will be part of the core project team, including local and international team members and will report to the project manager at the Frankfurt School head office.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org until 23 February COB at the latest. If you have any questions, you can also contact us with the same email address.
For the application, please share:
- A detailed CV, showing relevant experience
- Expectations in terms of monthly remuneration.