KfW - Team Leader MSME Finance in Uzbekistan
We are looking for an experienced candidate to join our highly professional team for the following programme.
Country: Republic of Uzbekistan
Based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Duration: minimum 2 years, full-time
The current state of the financial sector in Uzbekistan is constraining an inclusive growth of the economy. This affects Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) in general and in particular those located in rural areas and the agricultural sector. In consequence, these enterprises cannot finance required investments and are not able to develop their full potential by increasing productivity.
In this context, KfW on behalf of the German Government is planning to provide funds comprising an investment component plus Accompanying Measures to the “Financial Sector Program MSME Financing”.
- To increase a sustainable supply of medium- and long-term loans to SMEs and to small farmers
- To contribute to capacity building in participating financial institutions (PFIs)
- To increase market integration of enterprises and strengthening agricultural value chains
The Services requested under this assignment are as follows:
- Task 1: Support the PEA in the final selection of eligible PFIs under the program and the conclusion of channelling agreements with the PFIs.
- Task 2: Support the PEA in the implementation of the Program including fund disbursements, M&E of program objectives and results and reporting.
- Task 3: Provide capacity building and training measures to PFIs to improve their MSME business mode, credit technology, MIS/risk management and ESMS procedures.
- Task 4: Support the end-beneficiaries (MSME) of the Program to make them more bankable, profitable and productive and coordinate business development services (BDS) with other national and international institutions.
- Task 5: Promote MSME development and the KfW Program through various marketing measures.
- Degree in Banking or Finance necessary, MBA is an advantage
- Experience in Implementing Financial Cooperation (FC) MSME/rural/agricultural finance projects. Experience in MSME/rural/ agricultural finance projects. Alternatively, work experience in MSME financing in leading financial institutions
- Experience in MSMEs/financial institutions capacity building and training projects is a strong plus
- Experience with working-conditions in the Republic of Uzbekistan and/or the region (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan)
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in banking, and/or consulting experience in MSME Finance
- Experience as team leader in consulting project is an avantage
- Uzbek and English languages for the position are must. Russian language is highly desirable
Interested candidates are invited to send their detailed CVs, highlighting the experience mentioned above via the below registration form.
Deadline for the application: January 23rd, 2022.