Frankfurt School of Finance & Management (FS) is one of the leading business schools in Germany. An impressive portfolio of services – ranging from degree programmes to Executive Education, from research projects to consultancy – means that Frankfurt School acts as adviser, catalyst and educational partner to companies and organisations, to individuals embarking on new careers, and to experienced executives.
For ongoing projects in the Latin America Caribbean (LAC) region, we are looking for an:
Communication and Visibility Consultant (m/f/d)
- Strategic communication of European external actions through investment projects and alignment of such communication activities with EU guidelines with the aim of maintaining and improving communication and visibility.
- Preparation and distribution of scheduled internal and external communications (newsletters, emails, reports, guides and other communication materials).
- Finetuning and implementation of communication and visibility strategies.
- Management of social and digital marketing media and drafting of social media and website content, focusing on ways to improve different type of websites and how to connect to key audiences.
- Guidance to and assistance for a diverse set of stakeholders on communication related to the implemented projects, as well as improving communication flows.
- Drafting, editing and proof-reading of diverse reports, including success stories, briefings and project descriptions.
- Proactive media research on ongoing events and activities in the LAC region.
- Moderation of events such as stakeholder exchange platforms, workshops, or conferences, as well as active attendance of specific industry events and conducting interviews.
- Creation and distribution of communication and visibility materials, as requested, ensuring procedures and style guides are followed.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent diploma) in journalism, communication, public relations or related fields.
- Several years of experience working for a communication of public relations department in a development institution or the public sector. Experience in working with communication related to development finance institutions and/ or European institutions such as the EIB, AFD, KfW or the European Commission is an asset.
- Experience in processing, designing and producing visibility and communication materials.
- Excellent command of social media, especially LinkedIn, with a portfolio of published materials.
- Experience with digital media management (website) and in the drafting of press releases and news articles.
- Experience in liaising and relating with the media and international cooperation and development interventions implemented on multi-country or bilateral level.
- Clear and concise communicator experienced in writing and presenting, with ability to present complex information in a simple, compelling way. Proficiency in MS Office and online meeting solutions.
- Skilled and experienced in contributing to training initiatives (seminars, workshops, events), especially in the organisation and implementation.
- Previous work experience in and with the LAC region.
- Fluency in English and Spanish – both spoken and written, especially excellent writing skills in both languages
- Flexibility as well as strong cross-cultural communication and creative skills.
- Independent thinker with pragmatic problem-solving skills and proactive attitude on assignments/projects.
- Contribute to assignments under the supervision of the Team Leader and ability to work with short deadlines.
- Willingness to travel on needs basis and readiness to adapt to new environments.
The tasks are to be performed home-based with irregular meetings in Europe and potentially the LAC region. The position is foreseen for a duration of 2 years, to be filled as soon as possible.