About the programme
Our Bachelor of Science in Computational Business Analytics is designed for students seeking a dynamic technology-focused business career. Being able to understand the manifold contexts of managerial decision-making and combining that with deep knowledge of data analysis techniques is an increasingly valuable skill set for a successful career in many industries. With the emergence of big data, companies see themselves confronted with highly complex decision-making problems that require experts that are able to speak fluently to both decision-makers as well as data scientists.
Business Analytics is concerned with the development and application of quantitative approaches to support managerial decision-making. Experts in this domain are familiar with different methods for data collection and acquisition, they are able to analyze data and build statistical models, and they can translate the outcomes of data analyses to actionable recommendations for managers. On top of this, they need to have a thorough understanding of the different areas of management, including accounting, finance, marketing, and operations.
How is Business Analytics and Data Science used?
- Image and speech recognition (e.g., Facebook’s photo tagging, Amazon Alexa)
- Search engines (e.g., Google)
- Recommendation management (e.g., Amazon, Netflix, Booking.com)
- Design of production and logistics services (e.g., Rewe home delivery, Intel’s chip factories)
- Automated processes (e.g., credit card approval, sports betting)
- Sales and demand forecasts (e.g., Zara, Roche)
This programme is the right thing for you if
- you are interested in new and innovative technologies and their application in the business world
- you have strong analytical skills and want to work on interesting and important problems
- you are hands-on and like to work with computers
- you are eager to discover the benefits and challenges of big data